South Africa is a magical land known for its spectacular coastline where 2 oceans meet and its spectacular lagoons and estuaries. At Kamaroutes, we think it takes at least one of the boat trips below to make your South African journey complete:
- Cape Town’s harbour & canal cruise : The harbour and canal boat cruise departs from the jetty, outside the Two Oceans Aquarium at the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront and it allows you to hop on and off multiple times. It includes onboard commentaries in 15 languages and you can enjoy views of Table Mountain, the Nelson Mandela Gateway and the well-known Clock Tower. To experience the bustling waterways of Cape Town from a boat is a highlight itself, and this cruise offers a perspective of the city that no other tour can.
Location: Cape Town | Duration: 30mn | From 20 Euros per person
- Hermanus boat cruise: this cruise is ideal for families and couples that would like to spend a relaxing 90 min of their day taking in the sights of Walker bay and Hermanus. Highlights vary on the time of year but common sightings include the local cape fur seals and African penguins. Guests get to see dolphins and from June to October, the Southern right whale.
Location: Hermanus| Duration: 90 minutes | From 50 Euros per person
- Seal Island cruise: There are 35 species of seals in the world. Duiker Island is a Cape Fur Seal and bird sanctuary, home to thousands of seals and many birds such as the Cape Cormorant, Black Back Gulls and Hartlaub gulls. This is an exciting 40mn cruise from Hout Bay harbour to Duiker Island, the seal colony where you can view thousands of wild Cape Fur seals, close up to their natural habitat.
Location: Houtbay | Duration: 40mn| From 8 Euros per person
- Knysna head cruise: They take place on the pristine Knysna Lagoon, home to the world famous Knysna Heads and many species of bird and marine life. The trip also includes the Featherbed Bay which offers calm turquoise waters.
Location: Knysna| Duration: 75mn | from 15 Euros per person
- Spirit of Tsitsikamma: This boat trip up the Storms River gives visitors the opportunity to view the gorge firsthand and to marvel at one of nature’s many wonders. Huge caverns are interspersed on either side of the river, some which extend upwards for 20 meters providing a habitat for rare bat species. Awesome cliff faces extend above the boat and block out the sunlight as one proceeds silently through the “black water”.
Location: garden route national park | Duration: 2 hrs
- Sundays river ferry cruise: The Sundays River Ferry cruiser is operational on the Sundays River that flows through and borders the new Southern section of the Addo Elephant National Park. This estuary as well as the surrounding area is malaria free and a mere 5 kilometers from the new Southern Gate entrance.
Location: Cannonville, Addo area| Duration: 2 hours | From 25 Euros per person
- Saint Lucia estuary boat cruise: This 2 hour Boat Cruise Safari gets you close up to the residents of the estuary and hippos and crocodiles are the main attraction of this tour. A wide variety of bird life including fish eagles, kingfishers and herons are normally spotted on the tour.
Location: St Lucia | Duration: 2 hours | `From 15 Euros per person
- Blyde river boat cruise: The Blyde River canyon supports large diversity of life, including numerous fish and antelope species as well as Hippos and Crocodiles, primate species and a diversity of birdlife such as the African Fish Eagle, African Finfoot and much more. This cruise will also allow you to enjoy the splendor of the third largest Canyon in the world and the Three Rondavels.
Location: Blyde canyon nature reserve| Duration: 1h30mn | From 30 Euros per person
Inspired ? Click on the button below and let us plan your next South African journey!